Parties are generally pretty darn fun, especially around the holidays. Below are just a couple of tips to help y’all have a good time.
1. Be clear that the company’s policies still apply.
Drinking (if drinking is part of the festivities):
1. Hire a caterer to serve drinks;
2. Limit the amount of alcohol; or
3. Offer to subsidize an employee’s cab fare.
Wage and hour-yep, overtime:
1. Stay away from conducting business, just have fun;
2. Make the party voluntary to attend;
3. Hold it outside of business hours, unless you shut the office down and give employees a choice of going home or attending the party; and
4. Hold it away from the business.
Finally, don’t forget to have fun!